Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
ShiftCentral is a leading provider of outsourced market intelligence services for major organizations across the globe. Founded in 2000, the agency provides actionable insight in key sectors, including health, pharmaceuticals, banking and financial, and professional services.
The agency’s on-staff team of editors, analysts and researchers deliver a wide range of customized content to clients, ranging from strategic analysis of competitive landscapes, to specialized monitoring of target markets and curated intelligence reporting on emerging issues and trends, including reporting on competitors, clients, and prospects.
We’re recruiting an experienced Payroll Manager on behalf of a U.S.-based partner to work with this partner’s Accounting/Human Resources. The position will be responsible for maintaining accurate data and changes in the Payroll system and validating employee time and processing multiple payrolls.
• University degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance is preferred.
• Five years of experience in processing payroll in a HRIS system and accounting.
• Knowledge of gross to net concepts, pre-tax deductions, post-tax deductions and taxes.
• Knowledge of payroll processing, prevailing hourly wage rates, tax calculations, and understanding of U.S. federal and state payroll laws.
• Ability to interpret legal court order documents for wage garnishment process.
• Familiarity with software such as Netsuite is preferred but not required.
• Partner with each line of business to enter and maintain accurate data and changes in HRIS/Payroll system.
• Validate employee time, process semi-monthly payroll, and off-cycle payrolls as needed.
• Process manual checks/deposits. and retroactive payments, processing electronic transfers to various accounts.
• Review payroll documentation for accuracy and make any necessary approved adjustments.
• Load payroll data, review computed wages, and correct errors to ensure the accuracy of earnings. Ensure that all changes to payroll are processed correctly and timely.
• Respond to employee and management inquiries and requests regarding payroll.
• Work closely with Human Resources on all payroll related issues.
• Review and audit pay data entries, YTD totals, and file amendments.
• Fulfill wage garnishment requirements by completing forms, entering appropriate deductions, updating employee records, and making proper remittances; inform employees of mandatory garnishments.
• Provide data for 401K Audits, Workman s Comp Audits, 5500 Compliance Reporting and other requests.
• Support the Finance and Accounting function by providing various payroll and General Ledger reports on a per pay period basis as well as monthly, quarterly, and annual basis as needed.
• Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information, as requested.
ShiftCentral is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive pay and benefits package commensurate with education and employment background.
If this sounds like you:
Send your resume and cover letter to jobs@ShiftCentral.com. If we think you’re a good match, we’ll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out www.shiftcentral.com.